Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Best Friend

by Jackie

In November of 1998, I met someone who would later make me the happiest girl in the world. I was in love with my best friend. He was my best kept secret. We became close although we both had been dating our mates for over a year. Although we were committed to other people, he had told me that we would get together some day and that in 10 years, we would be married. He had broken up with his girlfriend and I took the opportunity and broke up with my boyfriend, but I was too late. Without me knowing it, I had gotten them back together. I was friends with her as well, but I couldn’t help my feelings. He has always had the highest of respect for me so nothing happened while they were still together. I got another boyfriend and he broke up with her again and soon after, I was broken up with my boyfriend too.
He never seemed to amaze me, but on a beautiful day in March, he swept me off of my feet and made my wildest dream come true. We had always talked for hours about everything and we were sitting in his car and I asked him that if he was going to call me “babe” (since he had been doing it for 2 years) that he should just be serious about it.” He looked at me with the sweetest face and told me, “I’m so in love with you.” I was just playing around, well, kind of, but I never expected him to say that. I was in shock and the only thing I could do was tell him that I felt the same way. We have been through a lot of obstacles from the time of telling everyone of our love until now, but the love we have for each other always seems to surpass anything that comes in our way. Next month, will make 2 years and I wouldn’t trade him for the world. He is an inspiration in my life and without him, I would not be me. I am happy I took a chance on love because I might have missed out on being this happy. Although I thought it would never happened, we did get together just like he said, and who knows maybe we’ll make another of our dreams come true in 6 years. (10 years from 1998- just like he said).

*Dreams do really come true, mine did.*

0 komentar:

 
© Copyright 2035 FOR LIFE
Theme by Yusuf Fikri